Now days programming is very cool and worthy to learn.Lot of young people wants to learn Programming.Some people wants to straight away learn Java or .NET.Then become a great programmer,earning big bucks.
Story sound familiar right?.
In this post I will try to give a guide to become a good’ programmer.
Here are the things you should follow:
- Have a passion for programming and strong will.Its like you are setting to sail on a boat going from Puerto Rico to New York.But then you see a storm and decide to cancel the trip permanently.If thats the case then do not learn programming ,much easier to with an office job which requires simple computer use.
- First learn basics of C.You know C is the mother of all languages!(Programming that is ).Trust me I learned the hard way.I learned Java,C++,VB then after 2 years learned C and C++.In this 2 years ,I was confused,did not know how to program except in VB 6.0.
- Understand the OOP(Object Oriented Programming)concepts well.
- Learn C and Practice,Practice and Practice.
- After you can program in C move to C++.By now you know well(at least theoritically OOP conecpts).
- Learn C++ Well and refer to OOP principles.
- Practice for next 3 months.
- Write programs by your self.
- After you have bulit in confidence in C++ language.You are ready to become a good programmer.
- Then chose your language ,I had chosen Java.You can choose .NET.But if you ask me learn Java first.(not much to learn regrading basic concepts.Very similar to C++).
- Then it is matter of practice.But you have to get a hob where you can do work in Java or .NET.
- All this hard work of learning is of no concrete use unless you work on live projects,or a programming job.
This is a just a guidline.
Books to red: